Thursday, January 11, 2007

Housekeeping

Some items of note ...

-- Orcinus had its fourth blogiversary on Monday. I'm still wondering how I've managed to keep people reading it all these years, let alone how I still manage to keep writing ...

-- I'm quoted in this excellent piece by Bill Berkowitz in Media Transparency about Rick Santorum's new gig exposing "America's enemies".

-- Meanwhile, if you're in the post-holiday giving mood, go give Gary at Amygdala some love. He desperately needs it.

-- Speaking of fundraisers, I'll be having one here later this month, after I finish up the current series on eliminationism.

-- And speaking of that (hint hint) nominations are open for this year's Koufax Awards. People have been extraordinarily kind to me in the past in these awards, so anything that comes my way now is just gravy.

However, before the year has buried it permanently, I'd like to direct at least some of you to this post, which I think a lot of people missed because it looks, at first glance, like a "ruminations from my summer vacation" post. If you take the time to read it, you'll see it is that ... and a lot more. In fact, I poured my guts into that one.

UPDATE: Arrrrgh. Because I'm an obtuse fellow who's used to doing this as a solo gig, I of course completely forgot to mention that Sara, my co-blogger, has also written not just one but two Koufax-worthy series, both of which are listed on the sidebar. But just for the sake of helping y'all out, remember these at nomination time: Cracks in the Wall: Parts I, II, and III, and Tunnels and Bridges: Parts I, II, III, and IV, plus a Short Detour.
Sara's also written some standalone posts that have been great as well.

No comments: