Monday, August 20, 2007

Ahem

-- by Dave

I can't think of any greater irony than seeing those masculine icons, Jeff Goldstein and Jules Crittenden, weighing in on my Firedoglake post on fatherhood and masculinity. And they came through with flying colors, rather vividly illustrating my point without even seeming to realize it.

Well, I hope they haven't mistaken me for someone who cares even remotely what they think (and will thus expend the requisite energy in response). Because I'm not.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's time for me to read my daughter her bedtime story.

UPDATE: Goldstein has more. The landscape is littered with flaming strawmen, of course. No wonder Atrios calls this guy Pasty.

UPDATE II: It's been noted in my comments by Mrs. R. that Crittenden referred sneeringly to my readership ("all three of them"). Dude, there's a thing called Site Meter, and if you bothered to click on mine, you'd notice that they are not too different from yours (between 3 and 4 thousand daily hits). One big difference: I've accrued over 4 million hits in the time I've been blogging, while Crittenden has just a little over a million. And then it's worth noting that I only published this post at Firedoglake, which has a daily readership of about 60,000.

Glass houses. Stones. All that.

UPDATE: TRex chews 'em up and spits 'em out.

No comments: