Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Pantload weighs in

-- by Dave

My copy of Jonah Goldberg's Liberal Fascism is evidently winging its way to me now, which means that like everyone else I'm having to rely on the esteemed Sir Bradley S. Rocket at Sadly, No!, who has been providing us with excerpts aplenty.

I'll be reviewing it for The American Prospect online, so I'll let you know when I have the piece ready. Won't be available right away, though.

Meanwhile, TRex has his review:
The title alone should give any sane person pause. Anyone with any kind of grasp of world history will understand that the phrase “Liberal fascism” is as laughably oxymoronic as saying, “Germy Sterility” or “Military Intelligence”. Truly, Goldberg has authored the definitive book on the Left’s fascistic tendencies for people who have only known that there’s no “h” in the word “fascist” since, oh, the spring of 2002, when they painstakingly learned to spell the word, “Islamofascist”.

Be sure to read the whole thing, which had me laughing as only TRex can make me laugh.

All I can say at this point is that my pre-publication guesses about the quality of Goldberg's argument are certainly looking on the money.

No comments: