Friday, April 11, 2008

My new job

-- by Dave

Some of you may have noticed it's been a bit quiet here this past week or so. Some of that's due to some travel I did last week (went to Arizona), but a lot more of it has to do with my new job -- as of Monday, I'm now doubling as the managing editor at Firedoglake.

It's a challenge of the kind I've been looking for the past year or so and it's exciting to get this kind of opportunity. I'm very much enjoying working with the amazing array of talent Jane has assembled there, and I'm humbled that Jane has entrusted me with them.

I'm sure many of you are wondering what will happen to Orcinus. Here's what: Not a lot will change. This past week has been tough, but things should get on an even keel soon (I hope) and I'll be posting here daily and more again. Sometimes there will be crossposts, but a lot of what I do here doesn't mesh with what FDL does, and my reasons for doing them here haven't changed significantly: I still want this blog to be an important informational resource for people dealing with the far right and the other issues I write about here. Also, FDL does better with short, snappy posts, and as most of you know, I tend to indulge the long form at this blog, since the purpose is different.

Hope you all read me at both places, but most of all, you can still count on Orcinus doing what it's always done for the foreseeable future. I may be a little diverted at times, but that will be a tradeoff I hope everyone can live with.

No comments: