Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stealing Our Future, Part II: Democracy, Fear, and the War on the Middle Class

-- by Sara

This week's piece is up over at The Big Con as of today. (If you've been wondering where I've been hiding out while Dave was so energetically and thoroughly working over Jonah Goldberg, now you know.) It's a sequel to last week's piece on how the conservative war on America's infrastructure is undermining our ability to function as a democracy.

Also, a piece I wrote for Group News Blog last week on how RU-486 is changing the politics of abortion will (according to their editors) be appearing on Alternet's front page in the next couple days.

As you can see: I've been a very busy blogger the past week or two -- just not a lot of it here. I hope to fix that tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'd also like to echo Dave's thanks to everyone who threw a coin in the tin cup to keep this place going for another year. You are, quite simply, the best.

No comments: